When the temperatures drop and the house gets chilly, it is nice to be able to press a button and turn up the heat from your heat pump. But have you considered if your heater will be able to make it through the season this year? If you scheduled your annual heating maintenance check, in all likelihood you are good to go. If you haven’t though, things could get a little dicey…and cold.
You are probably wondering if heating maintenance is worth it. Why not just wait to call for repairs when you need them? The truth is, waiting will cost you a lot more time, effort, and comfort than a maintenance appointment ever would.
Want to learn more about why maintenance is an essential part of your Puyallup, WA heat pump services? Read on!
What Does Heat Pump Maintenance Entail?
When you reach out to a professional HVAC technician for maintenance, you should know what you can expect during the appointment. A trained tech will be able to provide the following services during a maintenance check:
- Giving the entire system a full review to see if there are any areas of concern.
- Finding and addressing minor issues such as tightening loose parts or cleaning the filter.
- Tightening, cleaning and fine-tuning any other parts that need to be seen to.
What Are the Benefits of Annual Maintenance?
When you schedule annual maintenance, you enjoy more than just added peace of mind. Benefits of maintenance for your heat pump include:
- Optimized Lifespan: When you schedule regular maintenance for your heat pump, you are ensuring that your system will operate for the optimal amount of time before needing to be replaced.
- Better Energy Efficiency: Over time, your heat pump can lose a lot of its energy efficiency. However, when you schedule yearly maintenance your system will maintain most of its initial energy efficiency throughout its entire lifespan.
- No Utility Bill Spikes: One of the main signs that your heat pump is struggling is higher utility bills. However, a well-maintained heat pump will keep you warm without costing you additional money on your monthly energy bills.
- Fewer Repairs: Maintenance is able to catch most issues within your system before they become expensive repair needs. This means one yearly check can prevent future repair calls and save you time and money in the longer run.
Why You Want to Schedule Your Heat Pump Service with a Pro
It pays to schedule maintenance for your heating system. The next time you are in need of a team of professionals to help with maintenance for your heat pump, or other services for your heating system, reach out to the technicians at Cummings Inc. Working with professional guarantees that your heating system will be well taken care of.
Serving Western Washington for over 35 years, our team of NATE-certified techs is your choice for a locally owned and operated heating and cooling company.
You will be warm in the winter and comfortably cool in the summer. Contact Cummings Inc. today for your next heat pump service.