Maybe your heater has seemed a little “off” lately. Or maybe it has been working well but emitting a rather strange noise. If your heating system needs repairs, it might not always be as obvious as you’d like it to be. After all, it is pretty straightforward to know that a lack of heat should trigger a call for a repair technician.
But what do you do if your heater needs a fix but you can’t tell? Well, for one thing, you can keep reading below and discover what signs you should watch for that are subtle indicators that your heater needs help. Your other option is to call a technician at Cummings Inc. to do a diagnostic check-up on it.
But let’s start with the helpful information first.
If you aren’t sure what signs indicate that your heater needs repairs, we can help. Below we have provided five symptoms to keep an eye, and ear, out for that will let you know the time has come to contact a professional for heating services in Puyallup, WA.
5 Signs You Need To Schedule Heater Repairs
- Strange Noises: Your heater isn’t likely to be absolutely silent. However, that is a different case when compared to loud sounds such as clanking, rattling, banging or screeching. If you pick up on sounds like these (trust us, they’ll be hard to ignore), you’ll want to call a professional soon.
- Lack of Heat: Your heater is supposed to provide warmth. If it isn’t doing so, you should reach out for help from an HVAC technician sooner than later so you can get your system up and running again.
- Unpleasant Smells: A smell of something burning could be caused by a growing level of dust making its way into your heating system. On the other hand, the smell of sulfur or rotten eggs is one that should prompt you to shut your system down ASAP as it indicates a gas leak. In either case, the best course of action is to call a trained technician.
- Uneven Temperatures: If your heater is working and providing heat but some areas aren’t as warm as others, you still have a problem. Uneven heat can be a sign of clogged ductwork or vents, or problems within the pipes of a radiant heating system. Uneven heat is just as bad as no heat so you will still want to contact a technician.
- Hiked Utility Bills: Yes, your bills will fluctuate based on how much and how often you are using your system. However, if your bills skyrocket beyond the usual amount when you try to warm your home, this is the sign of a major heater problem that requires repairs.
And there you have it: five helpful indicators that will tell you when the time comes to reach out for assistance from professional service technicians such as those at Cummings Inc. Our team can help with everything from repairs and maintenance to a full system replacement.
Contact Cummings Inc. today to schedule your next heater service. You will be warm in the winter and comfortably cool in the Summer.